Friday, November 9, 2007

Cameos, Paintings

Sorry for the late update, but I'm in Miami at the moment and content work is difficult to pull off. Doesn't mean I don't have news for you, though!

The Blockhead Ghostmas Special won 1st place for both the Newgrounds 2007 Halloween Contest and the Best of October awards. With all of this sweet victory in the air, I thought I'd talk about the prize I've been making for the winner of the Ghostmas contest. That's right, making. It's not just some sketch, but a set of three Blockhead acrylic paintings. One will go to the Ghostmas winner, one will go to the Newgrounds office as a little keepsake, and one will stay with me for the time being. They're all meant to be identical, so I wanted to share my progress with you and hopefully include you in the madness that has come out of this whole Ghostmas Contest thing. This way, everyone who didn't win will still get to be a part of it.



So far I've only painted the base color over the canvas, which is now awaiting the actual color areas that will appear on top. As for the Flash, hang tight - I'm in Miami, like I said, so progress has slowed, but I've already picked a winner. I just don't want to announce it. That's Blockhead's job :D

---


In other news, Blockhead also played a cameo roll in Squeakytoad's Halloween cartoon over on Newgrounds. He pops in near the end, so don't get to anxious waiting for him.

I also helped Tyler Glaiel out on some backgrounds and interface graphics for his new game, Blockslide 2. Pop over to his site to play it, and then tell me what you think :D

No comments: